Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bad Boyfriend by K.A. Mitchell

4 STARS

Bad in Baltimore - Book 2

This was good. Not perfect, but pretty damned good. :) 

I liked both main characters, Quinn, the seemingly quiet teacher and Eli, the outside-the-box young man who steals his heart. I hated Quinn's ex and he might have been drawn with a bit of a heavy hand, but it really didn't bother me much. It worked for the romance of the book. 

I'm pretty sure there are holes in the plot and some of them maybe quite big, but you know what? I don't care. I was in it for the love story and boy, did that deliver for me. It might be a cliché or a trope, this flamboyant young man coupled with the staid, middle-of-the-road older fellow, but who cares when it leaves you feeling all happy and fuzzy and warm because they came together? I don't. 

Yeah, there were a few things I would have liked more of - like where all this dominant daddy stuff was in Quinn's previous relationship(s). My other quibble, and let me emphasise the word quibble, was to wonder if Quinn had any friends at all other than his ex's family. One thing there was no quibbles about whatsoever was the hotness of the sex scenes. Ooowee baby! Hot, sexy and filled with lots of emotion when they needed to be filled with emotions. Now I usually get completely squicked by daddy kinks, but this one... it worked perfectly and didn't bother me in the slightest! Possibly because it wasn't overly intense? I don't know, but it did work for me.

I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who wants an m/m love story that's spiced up with a bit of BDSM and daddy kink. K.A. Mitchell is now on my list as an author who delivers good product. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment