Sunday, August 25, 2013

Beyond Pain by Kit Rocha

5 STARS

Beyond - Book 3

Thank you again Lauren Dane for recommending this series to me! :) This was the best book yet! 

This is mainly the story of Six and Bren, two terribly damanged people who will just break your heart. Numerous times. I think I spent the last 4 or 5 chapters of the book wiping my welling-up eyes! 

Six... OMG, Six!! I love her. Her journey, and even by the end of the book, it's really just beginning, her journey is riveting. Her pain, her uncertainty and her lack of belief in herself are SO believable. I think I understand now, why one of the duo who makes up Kit Rocha said that there were times she didn't think she'd be able to get through the writing of this story. Yes, Six's past is horrific, but I'm fairly certain that most women have felt those feelings of not being worthy enough, of things being her fault, of not measuring up no matter what their past. I know I have. 

And Ace... my wonderful Ace who is still my favourite character. We learn a little more about him, his motivations, his needs. A little. I love him even more. I am SO sad this book is over. :) Oh yeah... those sex scenes? A lot of sex scenes? HOT AND STEAMY!! And yes, they serve to move the plot forward. :) Yeah, I loved this book and can't WAIT for the next one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment