Monday, January 23, 2017

Some Reading Stats for 2016

One of the book blogs I follow, Stuck In A Book, did a post about Reading Stats for 2016 and I thought it was interesting, so I'm stealing most of the categories and doing my own list.  :)   For shits and giggles as they say.  :)

Number of books read
97.  The last few years I've shot for 50, figuring a book a week is an eminently do-able number and won't discourage me if I read lots of bricks or just fall behind.

Male/female authors
23 male authors and 74 female to the best of my knowledge.  :)

Fiction/non-fiction
96 Fiction and one non-fiction which is Andy Cohen's book, The Andy Cohen Diaries.

Most-read author
Louise Penny.  I read her first 11 Inspector Gamache mysteries over the course of the year and still have the latest one left to read.  I'm saving it.  :)

Re-reads
No Re-reads.

New-to-me authors
31

Oldest book read
Sing the Four Quarters by Tanya Huff - published in 1994.  I seriously wonder how I missed this!  :)

Newest book read
Glass Tidings by Amy Jo Cousins - published December 5, 2016.

Most disappointing book
The Bollywood Bride by Sonali Dev.  I had been so looking forward to this romance and it came highly touted from some of my favourite authors as well as the majority of romance readers on my Twitter feed, but oh... I really disliked it.  A lot.  My thoughts on it, and there were many, are here.

Most frustrating book
Again, I'd have to say The Bollywood Bride.  See above.  :)

Most surprising delight
I would have to say Traitor's Blade by Sebastien de Castell.  It was a guts call and I'd never even heard of the author before and I just adored it!  AND subsequently the next two books in the series!

The book I’d been nagged about for ages
Nagged about is pretty strong, but the books I kept seeing recced in all my online places were the afore-mentioned The Bollywood Bride and then The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin.  Thankfully, the Jemisin book was much, much, MUCH better for me than the other one.  :)

Best title
How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny.  This title, not only is it from a Leonard Cohen (RIP) song, Anthem, but it's a perfect, perfect title for this installment of the mysteries of Armand Gamache. :)

Worst title
None of them are really bad, but I'd have to say of all the books I read in 2016, it'd have to be Percepliquis by Michael J. Sullivan simply because it's an unwieldy mouthful.

Animals in book titles
Hmm... Nature of the Beast by Louise Penny, Fish Out of Water by Amy Lane, Black Dog Blues by Rhys Ford, Tequila Mockingbird by Rhys Ford,

Strange things that happened in books I read in 2016
I read a lot of fantasy.  All KINDS of strange things happen in those books!  *LOL*  


No comments:

Post a Comment