Friday, May 13, 2016

Hexbreaker by Jordan L. Hawk

4.5 STARS

Hexworld - Book 1

Oooh, this was YUMMY! Hexbreaker more than fulfills the promise made by The 13th Hex. I loved it. :)

We had met one of the two main characters in the short story, Cicero (who kept manifesting in my mind's eye as Prince) the unbonded feline familiar, and now we meet his destined-to- be-bonded-to witch, Tom. This is definitely the case of opposites attracting. And it works very very well. I enjoyed the way both men learned to look past their first (unfavourable) impressions of the other and even when there was backsliding done, it never lasted for long.

I like this new world of Jordan Hawk's. I'm very intrigued by the idea of the Witch Police and it's very interesting how it works with its hexes, familiars, witch powers and bonded vs unbonded pairs. And it works both in tandem, but mostly in competition with the regular police force. There's an long game being played here. Yes, the book is complete on its own and the 'mystery' has been taken care of... locally and for the moment, but there is far more to come it seems. And that makes me a happy reader!

To sum up, Hexbreaker is the beginning of a brand new series that I look forward to getting totally addicted to. :)

Oh, and you know what? Usually one can tell who the next book is going to be about, but in this case, I wasn't sure. And that makes me really happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment