Saturday, March 28, 2015

Crash & Burn by Abigail Roux

5 STARS

Cut & Run Series - Book 9

And after 9 books, Ty and Zane's tale comes to an end. And this book gets 5 stars because it was an extremely satisfying and delightful end to a much-loved series and I was so afraid that it wouldn't be.

Abigail Roux is one of my favourite M/M authors. Her characters are ones that I fall in love with, every time. Every damned time.

So, what can I say other than squeeing like a teenager? Well, loose ends were tied up quite nicely. I was on the edge of my seat, unable to do anything but continue reading until I finished. And you know what was cool? There was no, and I mean NO, publicity and advance marketing or anything for this book at all. If you pre-ordered it from Riptide, you got to download it last night and that was the first look that anyone got of it. And that was very, very, very cool. Kudos to Abi and Riptide for going that route.

Yeah, there were a couple of little things that bugged me and they are mostly things I wanted more of. There was not enough Deuce for me. I love Ty's brother, Deuce. He is one of my most favourite of all Abi's secondary characters and I wanted him actually IN the book. I actually wanted a bit more of the families - both the Gradys and the Garretts. Although the scenes between Zane and his parents left me very damp-eyed.

There was a lot of team Sidewinder, but I think that since that's where Abi's going to go next in this universe, I can deal with that - especially since I felt that there was a lot of unfinished business, personal stuff, between Ty and Nick that needed to be settled. I was pleased, though, that only Ty and Zane got sexytimes scenes this time. It's THEIR story, not Nick and Kelly's, and I was left feeling a little Irish/Doc overloaded in the previous Cut & Run book. And those scenes were HOT! One opens the book and OMG, it was AMAZING! *LOL* I wanted a cigarette afterwards! (And I quit almost 4 years ago.)

I was also pleased to see the FBI crew play more of a role in this story. I'd have liked more, but you know, if Abi gave me all that I wanted, this would have been as big of a tome as Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind. (722 pages).

I also totally enjoyed the little 'after the credits' scene included in my ebook. Very cute and very perfect. VERY perfect.

Is this the end of Ty and Zane's story? Well, I think we'll probably see or hear of them again in the future, but I think it's safe to say that they now have their HEA.

Thank you, Abi Roux for creating characters that I love to bits and giving them a finale that they deserve. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment