Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fearless by Cat Grant

3 STARS

Irresistible Attraction - Book 3

A satisfying installment of the Irresistible Attraction series. We return to Connor and Wes, the stars of the first novella of the series on the occasion of their wedding. 

There is turbulence, much turbulence in their lives and while we were subject to many of Wes' thoughts and emotions about these upheavals, I felt a little short-changed by Connor's. I wanted more. I wanted to know more about the reasoning behind his final decision. 

I also found myself wanting to know more about his dilemma over his more aggressive desires and I wondered if there was going to come a point where he would reach a Wes boundary/limit and what they would do when it happened. 

Really, I think these are fascinating characters and want to know more about them. We're also introduced to Gil, who arrives in NYC with Steve, Connor's best friend and business partner - and the MC of the previous IA novella. Who the hell is he? Why is he there? It bothered me that we knew nothing about him, nor did ever get to know anything as the story went on. (Apparently we'll be learning about him in IA #4, due out in April 2013)

I liked the character of Dale, Wes' cousin. Wanted more of him too. *LOL*I guess, in the end, I would prefer if this series was written as actual novels, with all the fleshing out that comes with the territory. I think these characters are interesting enough to warrant the attention and the author is a good enough author to bring it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment