Wednesday, October 9, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Day 9

Day 9 - A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving

I picked this book up because a friend had read it and enjoyed it and because it was getting all kinds of positive buzz in the French book community here in Montreal, believe it or not. I worked with a bunch of francophones that love to read. Anyway, I picked it up and began reading it and I was certain after a few chapters that I wasn't going to like it. It was dry, there was too much exposition about Swedish financial things, but I kept reading and kept reading... and I mean I was reading to the point where I was staying up far too late because I couldn't put the darned thing down!

In the end, I really enjoyed this book, loved it even, but I really can't tell you why! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment