Thursday, August 16, 2018

Single Malt by Layla Reyne

3.5 Stars

Agents Irish and Whiskey - Book 1

This book hit the spot.  You know, that spot you have when you can't decide for your life which book you want to read next, even what genre you want to read in!  Why I chose this book, I don't know, but it was the right move.  I really liked it!

I'm a sucker for these buddy/lovers/partners books.  Ty and Zane (Abigail Roux) are my total OTP couple and Prophet and Tommy (S. E. Jakes) are right close behind.  And now Irish and Whiskey or Aidan and Jamie if you prefer, can be added to that list.

Filled with action and puzzles as well as some intense interaction between the two main characters, Single Malt was a quick read for me.  A page-turner if you will.  The chemistry is undeniable between the two and I really enjoyed how their banter could go from playful and teasing to intense and sexy and then right into kick-ass get-'er-doneness.  I liked both of them.

I also liked the cast of secondary characters.  Especially Aidan's younger brother, Danny.  He has a book later in the series, I believe.

I'm intrigued by the mystery which I assume will arc over multiple books.

So, yes, I will be picking up the next book in the series very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment