Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blue Skies by Tamara Allen

3.5 STARS

Time travel stories usually make me cross my eyes more than once as I try to wrap my head around all the 'what if's and paradoxes that come up. Blue Skies was no different but be that as it may, I still enjoyed it a lot.

I picked Blue Skies up because it was getting a decent bit of buzz in the Romance portion of my Twitter feed. It was recced as a time travel romance with a prominently featured second couple that was m/m. I had read a couple of the author's short stories and quite enjoyed them, so, I picked up the book. When I finally got around to reading it this week, imagine my surprise to find out it wasn't quite as advertised! *LOL*

I would describe Blue Skies as a time travel adventure with a romantic secondary plot. Or plots. Because there ARE two couples. I think that maybe the intention was to give both couples equal time, but in my opinion, I think the m/m couple got more attention and page time. And the romances aren't really the main story here. It's the time travelling.

I liked the characters a lot. Especially Neil, the present day high school teacher. I liked his snarky grumpiness. :)

Now, be warned, there is not a lot of sex in the book and what there is of it is rather mild. Mind you, the author does a lovely job with the kisses. So if you're in the mood for a time travelling adventure with a dash or two of romance thrown in the mix, you could do far worse than Blue Skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment